Let's talk Twins! If you love the game as a newbie, or a encyclopedic book of knowledge, please share your opinion or a story of interest. (Email me if you are shy!) I am writing to learn more about the game. Come learn with me, or feel free to share your knowledge.


Go Twins!!!



Thursday, April 15, 2010

Off to a GREAT start!

What a fun year to be a Twins fan! I am so used to making excuses, and looking ahead to the eventual improvement as the young team finds their footing. But here we are 10 games into a new season at .700. Last year we were only 4-6 (.400).

What does the early success mean for the rest of the year? Only time will tell. We have been a team that has revelled in the underdog role. Give us a challenge and we posture and somewhere down deep find a fighting spirit. This year we may not be the underdog. Does that mean we will become apathetic or pompous? Possibly. But I doubt it. One stat I saw (that I have not verified) is that the last time we were in this position was 1987. We know what happened that year!

I believe that we have enough of a young and hungry team that will fight the entire season. But this year we also have the veterans to guide the young players on how to get through a very long season. I hate to jinx us but I really think we have a chance this year.

But no matter what, they have already made it a very fun season to watch. I am loving baseball in Minnesota this year!

Oh yeah - and WHO got the first Target Field homerun??? Way to go Jason Kubel!!!

Go Twins!!!

No comments: